Network Attached Storage NAS – Learn why you need this in your home?
WD My Cloud Expert Series EX4100 4-Bay Diskless NAS
Firstly it can store and organize your photos, videos, music, and files in one safe place. Also, it can access and share them virtually anytime, from anywhere.
So with the built-in Twonky DLNA-certified media server, you can seamlessly stream all your HD content to media players, Smart TVs, gaming consoles, and other DLNA-certified devices.
FIrstly, Irreplaceable photos, videos, and files are kept safe with multiple, automatic backup options for all the computers on your customer’s network. Secondly, For PC users, WD SmartWare Pro offers options for how, when, and where content gets backed up.
Thirdly, For Mac users, they can utilize all the features of Apple Time Machine to protect their content. Finally, Customers can also automatically “back up their backup” to another offsite My Cloud Expert Series device. Or to a supported cloud service, including Dropbox, ElephantDrive, and Amazon S3
Multiple RAID Options
Furthermore, they are Armed with multiple RAID options, you have the power to customize the system with the configuration that works best for you. Choose RAID 0 for enhanced system performance; RAID 1 for mirrored data protection; RAID 5 for data protection and best capacity. Or RAID 10 for fast performance and ultimate data reliability. Other options include JBOD and spanning.
RAID Roaming allows you to keep your RAID array intact when you move drives from one My Cloud EX4100 device to another. RAID Migration lets you change your RAID configuration and expand storage without losing content
Also, the 256-bit AES volume encryption provides additional protection for your valuable photos, videos, music, and files
With this optional feature, deleted files are not erased completely from the NAS, but moved to a special folder and can be retrieved, adding a second level of defense against accidental data deletion
WD Red NAS drives with NASware technology
Therefore, The My Cloud EX4100 comes populated with WD Red NAS hard drives, which are built for NAS systems. WD Red drives help to improve performance and thrive in 24×7 environments.
WD’s NASware technology further helps optimize WD Red for the NAS environment. From vibration compensation, optimized power usage, and protecting content in the event of a power loss or disruption, the firmware is designed to deliver improved reliability and system performance
Enhanced Media Streaming and Network Redundancy
Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for link aggregation helps enhance network performance by giving you an enhanced HD media streaming experience. It also provides for network redundancy should one of your network connections fail
Dual power ports offer you the option of adding a second external power supply that will take over should the first power supply fail
One-Touch USB 3.0 Copy Button
Plugin your camera or USB storage device to the built-in USB 3.0 port on the front of the system to automatically copy photos and videos with the touch of a button, making it easy to centralize your media content
Plex Media Server
Plex Media Server is used to host the content and plugins that are then streamed to Plex’s big-screen apps (including Plex Home Theater) and Plex mobile apps, either on the same machine, the same local area network, or over the Internet. In addition to the platforms supported by the front end, the server is available for FreeBSD, Linux, and nine different NAS devices.
Plex Media Server can be configured to index content in any directory on the machine it is run on, as well as to automatically acquire content from such sources as Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes. Moreover, Content may be transcoded by the server before it is streamed, in order to reduce bandwidth requirements or for compatibility with the device being streamed to.
Furthermore, Plex Media Server allows extensibility through the addition of plug-ins. Many such plug-ins are available through the built-in Plex Online digital distribution service.
Also, This service can be used directly within the Plex Home Theater or Plex Media Center’s GUI. Plex uses the metadata from several free open-source to automatically. Also find all artwork, media descriptions, and theme music for the entire library.
Powered by My Cloud OS
WD’s My Cloud OS delivers a suite of tools and apps that empower you to take control of the media content that matters to you most.
The intuitive dashboard allows you to monitor your storage, manage users, and customize your backup and third-party apps. Plus, set up mobile alerts to keep you informed on the status of your My Cloud EX4100
Secure Remote and Mobile Access
With WD’s My Cloud app, you can securely upload, access, and share your photos, videos, music, and files from virtually anywhere with your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Share links to your photos, videos, and files via email and seamlessly. Transfer content between your NAS, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, and other public cloud accounts
Personalize your NAS experience and download a full suite of popular applications for your My Cloud EX4100. You’ll find customizable apps including aMule, phpBB, SqueezeCenter, WordPress, Icecast, Joomla!, phpMyAdmin, Transmission, and more.
Energy Saving Features
Includes drive sleep mode, LCD, and LED on/off. Power scheduling capabilities to help save power and runtime energy
Advanced Features of EX4100
- iSCSI target and initiator
- Integrated FTP and WebDAV server
- Jumbo frame support
- Integrated SSH Secure Shell
- Link aggregation and network redundancy
- IPv4 and IPv6
- UPS support (USB and network)
- Real-time resource monitor
- Microsoft Active Directory support
- Energy-saving options
- WD Software
- SmartWare Pro (10-user license)
- Quick View
- My Cloud mobile app available for iOS and Android
- Photos app available for iOS and Android
- Model: My Cloud EX4100
- Moreover, the Capacity: 24 TB (4 x 6 TB)
- Drive Bays: 4 x SATA
- 3 x USB 3.0 (1 front, 2 rear)
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet
- Memory: 2 GB DDR3
- Processor: 1.6 GHz Marvell ARMADA 388 Dual-Core
- Futhermore the Rotational Speed (rpm): IntelliPower
- Write Speed: Not specified by the manufacturer
- Operating Temperature: 41 to 95°F / 5 to 35°C
- Non-Operating Temperature: -4 to 149°F / -20 to 65°C
- Also Operating Relative Humidity: 8 to 90%
- Non-Operating Relative Humidity: 5 to 95%
- AC Input Voltage (AC Adapter): 100-240 VAC
- AC Input Frequency: 50-60 Hz
- Furthermore the Output: 19 V / 4.74 A
- For Software: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Moreover Languages for User Manual: English, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian (Bahasa), Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovakian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
General features of My Cloud EX4100
- Licenses Included
- WD Smartware Pro: 10
- NRCAN Compliant: Yes
- RoHS Compliant: Yes
- Windows 8.1, 8, 7, or Vista
- Mac OS X Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, or Lion
- DLNA/UPnP devices for streaming
- Finally, you need a Router with an Internet connection
My Cloud EX4100 Support Browsers like,
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Safari 6 or higher
- Firefox 30 or higher
- Google Chrome 31.0 or higher
- Also the Supported Windows and Mac OS platforms
Finally, Now secure all your valuable photos, videos, music, and files on WD My Cloud Expert Series EX4100 4-Bay Diskless NAS. Also, This high-performance NAS solution is there to secure your important files and data from any online safety risks.
If you have any questions regarding this product, contact us.